Imitation Shark Fin Soup from @veganseafoodie
Beautiful, delicious and exotic! Wow your friends, family...loved ones with this exceptional full flavored soup.... Loaded with protein and flavor.
Shark Fin Substitute Options:
- Korean glass noodles (broken into 4 inch strips)
- White fungus (blanched then sliced)
- Store bought agar strips
For the soup:
- 4 cups water
- 2 packets Immunity
- 4-5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded dried wakame shreds
- 1/4 cup imitation shark of choice
- 1 Tbsp dried wood ear
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Shaoxing wine
- 1/2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 1 package silken tofu
- Chinese black vinegar
- Sesame oil
- Hydrate the shiitake, wood ear, and glass noodles room temperature water until soft.
- Bring the water, shiitake, and seaweed to a boil in a large soup pot and let simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Remove the shiitake mushrooms and thinly slice them. (Optional: remove the seaweed.)
- Increase the flame to medium heat and add the sliced shiitake, wood ear, shark fin substitute, shaoxing wine, and soy sauce and boil for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, white pepper, dark soy sauce, and cornstarch (mix with a bit of water first to make thickening easier).
- Remove from heat then carefully drop the silken tofu block into the soup and stir gently to break it up.
- Serve with a dash of Chinese black vinegar and sesame oil.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.